Training In South-Africa
The training for the Ironman is going very well. Temperatures are seriously high at the moment (we do not complain), so we try to squeeze all our outdoor sessions in between 5 and 10am. This Sunday we decided to do a three and a half hour brick session in the afternoon, but at 3:30pm it was still a sizzling 37°C, so that made us remind why we do our training sessions so early in the morning.
I (Joost) learnt also another valuable lesson: Imagine you
are an old lazy and hungry lion. What would you go for? A fast running Antelope, or a Warthog, also known as Phacochoerus aethiopicus, which looks like a meat-lollipop and is nothing more than a pig with short legs and a tail which is always in an upright position. (which can be of great help if you want to turn them on a "Spitbraai").Well, since Sunday this will be the last joke I make about these nice little fellows, and if I were the Lion, I would definitely go for the Antelope.
I was riding my bike along the Eleazer Road when suddenly 2 Warthogs charged me. The scariest thing was: I couldn't outrun them (yes I was on my bike)! One of them followed me for at least 2 km with an average speed of over 45 km/hour. So again a lesson learnt: have respect for all wild animals.

2 Comments:
I supose you never have raced that fast! Usefull animals if you would like to win the Iron Man!! ;-)
Amazing! Perhaps you should design a bike and name it after them.
Post a Comment
<< Home